Wednesday 5 September 2012

Super Speedy Spicey Meatballs

Well what a busy week I've had - hence only one blog. When times are manic I like to have a few recipes on standby that just make life so much easier so that I can still have a decent home cooked healthy meal but with minimum fuss.

"What on earth am I going to cook????"
Tonight was meatballs and pasta which always goes down a storm as it's super tasty and mega quick to make. I say "meat"balls but they're actually quorn. Low in saturated fat but high in protein they have health benefits despite being fast food. They take 3 minutes in the microwave or a few minutes on the hob. I reckon the whole meal takes about 20 minutes from the first chop to the final serve.

Looking less unhinged now the quorn recipe is underway
I gently cooked finely chopped onion and garlic in some olive oil while having a pan of spaghetti bubbling away. I added mushrooms, stirred for a minute and then added half a carton of passata. I crumbled in a beef stockcube to give the sauce a good kick of flavour added a heaped spoonful of chilli jam (or a blob of chutney is also good for a bit of sweetness) a dash of white wine vinegar for zing and a couple of dashes of milk just to add a bit more sweetness and reduce any bitterness from the passata. The last ingredient is optional if you like spice - finely chopped green chill, about a quarter but you can use chilli powder too.

When you know your pasta is nearly done, cook your meatballs in the microwave for 3 minuses and plop them into your sauce and stir, Drain your pasta and add you meatballs and sauce. Sprinkle with basil, oregano then if you fancy add some grated cheese. Mr Victory and I had grana pandano which was just to die for.

Stress free and delicious
What's your favourite quick meal?
Vivi.x


No comments:

Post a Comment